Suojiang Tower and Suojiang Pagoda
In the 14th year (AD 1586) of the Wanli reign of the Ming Dynasty, Wu Xiu, the magistrate of Jiujiang, ordered the construction of Suojiang Tower and Suojiang Pagoda to tame the raging water and promote cultural development. The present Suojiang Tower was rebuilt in 1986 in imitation of Ming Dynasty architecture. The pagoda still stands on the bank of Xunyang River after more than 400 years. It was designated as a “key cultural heritage site under state protection” in 2013.